https://i1.wp.com/www.evoamerica.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/smashed-potatoes.jpg?fit=300%2C300&ssl=1 300 300 firstname.lastname@example.org https://www.evoamerica.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/04/Evo-square-logo-png-80x80.png email@example.com 17:07:302015-05-24 17:08:11Smashed Potatoes
Serves: 4 Servings
- 16 small potatoes, mix variety of red, white, and/or purple skinned
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons roughly chopped fresh rosemary leaves, divided
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Scrub potatoes and place in a medium saucepan. Add cold water to completely cover potatoes. Bring water to a boil over medium-high heat, add 1 tablespoon kosher salt, reduce heat to a simmer. Cook potatoes until a pairing knife can be slide into center of potato with no resistance, about 20 minutes. Strain potatoes and let sit until cool enough to handle.
- Light Evo grill to medium. Place the cooked potatoes the cooksurface and gently smash each potato with a meat tenderizer until split open, but not breaking apart. Brush potatoes with olive oil and season to taste with salt, pepper, and half of the rosemary. Grill 5 minutes or until light brown and crisp. Flip potatoes and cook another 5 minutes.
- Remove potatoes to a platter, sprinkle with remaining rosemary to taste, and serve immediately.