https://i0.wp.com/www.evoamerica.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/Shooter-Steak-Sandwich.jpg?fit=300%2C300&ssl=1 300 300 firstname.lastname@example.org https://www.evoamerica.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/04/Evo-square-logo-png-80x80.png email@example.com 20:14:402015-05-13 20:37:41Shooter Steak Sandwich
Shooter Steak Sandwich
This sandwich is perfect for road trips, picnics or a tour of the wine country.
- 1 each loaf of crusty artisan bread
- 1 each ribeye steak, thick cut
- 1 lb. mushrooms, assorted varieties
- 1/2 lb. shallots, diced
- 3-4 tbsp. dijon mustard
- 3-4 tbsp. horseradish sauce
- 1 tbsp. herbs de provence
- 1/2 cup bleu cheese, crumbled
- to taste salt & pepper
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- Cut the top portion of the bread loaf and set aside, remove about two-thirds of the bread inside the loaf and save for future bread crumbs. The vessel created will be filled with the remaining ingredients, so be sure to create enough room in the loaf, but don’t remove too much bread filling.
- Dice the mushrooms and shallots and set aside. Season the ribeye steak with the salt, pepper and half the herbs.
- Heat the Evo by turning on the center burner to medium-high heat and the outer burner on low. Lightly oil the surface and begin to saute the mushrooms and shallots. Season with salt, pepper and the remaining herbs. Once the shallots and mushrooms begin to caramelize, pull to the outer portion of the cook surface and drizzle with butter if it looks dry. Begin searing the steak in the center of the cook surface, and cook until both sides are crispy, seared and caramelized.
- Assemble the sandwich immediately directly off the grill. Place half the mushroom mixture into the loaf and spread evenly. Next, place the entire steak into the loaf and press into place, (trim edges if necessary to fit into loaf). Coat the entire steak with the horseradish. Add the remaining mushroom and shallots and top with the bleu cheese crumbles. Spread the dijon mustard on the cut off top portion of the loaf. Place on top of sandwich.
- Wrap entire sandwich with parchment paper and completely tie the sandwich and wrapper with butcher twine. This will maintain the form of the sandwich while it is pressed. Place the sandwich on a sturdy plate and place a sufficient weight, such as a brick or a gym weight on top of the sandwich. Allow the sandwich to rest for about and hour and then place the sandwich with the weights into the refrigerator for 4-6 hours or overnight.
- Cut the sandwich into pie pieces, triangular portions. You may serve it cold or hot. To serve it hot, simply brush the cut portions with melted butter and grill until golden and crispy on the outside.
Add some pickled vegetables and HP Sauce and your meal is ready!