https://i0.wp.com/www.evoamerica.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/Sesame-Skirt-Steak.jpg?fit=300%2C300&ssl=1 300 300 email@example.com https://www.evoamerica.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/04/Evo-square-logo-png-80x80.png firstname.lastname@example.org 20:43:382015-05-22 21:04:33Sesame Skirt Steak with Soy-Ginger Sauce
Sesame Skirt Steak with Soy-Ginger Sauce
- 1 beef skirt steak
- 4 tbsp. rice wine vinegar
- 4 tbsp. soy sauce
- 2 tbsp. mirin sauce
- 2 tbsp. rice wine
- 3 tbsp. pineapple juice
- 4 tbsp. sesame oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp. ginger, grated
- 1/2 cup scallion, thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp. sesame seeds
- Combine all sauce ingredients except, 3 tablespoons of sesame oil, half the scallions and all sesame seeds.
- Using a Jaccard meat tenderizer or a sharp fork, tenderize the skirt steak to allow better penetration of marinate into the meat. Place the tenderized skirt steak into a bowl and pour half of the sauce/marinade into the bowl. Add the reserved three tablespoons of sesame oil to the marinating skirt steak.
- Turn on the Evo center burner on medium-high and the outer burner on low.
- Place the reserved sauce into a sauce pot and place on the Evo flattop’s inner area. Once the sauce begins to simmer, pull to the outer perimeter of the cook surface. Sear the skirt steak in the center of the cook surface and continue to grill and turn until done, approximately 3-4 minutes on each side. Remove the skirt steak, place on a plate and cover with aluminum foil to rest for about 6-8 minutes.
- After allowing the steak to rest, slice the skirt steak across the grain and on the bias. Drizzle the reduced sauce over the pieces of steak and garnish with the sliced scallions and sesame seeds.