https://i2.wp.com/www.evoamerica.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/Rustic-Grilled-Vegtables.jpg?fit=300%2C300&ssl=1 300 300 email@example.com https://www.evoamerica.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/04/Evo-square-logo-png-80x80.png firstname.lastname@example.org 01:11:532018-05-18 16:24:40Rustic Grilled Vegetables
Serves: Serves 6
- 3 red bell peppers, seeded and halved
- 3 zucchini (about 12 ounces total), sliced lengthwise into 1/2-inch-thick rectangles
- 2 small radicchio heads, core intact and quartered
- 24 assorted gemstone or baby potatoes
- 1 bunch of whole baby carrots, greens trimmed
- 1 bunch baby onions, roots cut off
- 1 bunch (1-pound) asparagus or green beans, trimmed
- 1 Large Lemon, sliced into wedges or rings
- 1/4 cup of olive oil
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh Italian parsley leaves
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon finely chopped fresh rosemary leaves
- Par boil the potatoes, green beans and carrots until just tender, rinse under cold water and allow to cool. (for carrots and green beans finish with an ice bath to retain color.
- Using short bamboo sticks, thread 6 skewers using 4 potatoes each, alternating colors if using assorted gemstones.
- Cut twelve 1.5″ pieces of rosemary with 1/2″ exposed stock and insert exposed stocked into the end of each skewer, leaving a floret of rosemary sticking out of each end.
- Heat Evo grill to medium.
- Brush the vegetables including potato skewers with 1/4 cup of the oil to coat lightly. Sprinkle the vegetables with salt and pepper. Working in batches, grill the vegetables until tender and lightly charred all over, about 8 to 10 minutes for the peppers, carrots and onions; 7 minutes for the zucchini and green beans, 4 minutes for the radicchio and asparagus.
- Arrange the vegetables on a platter. The key to getting those great char marks is to not shift the vegetables too frequently once they’ve been placed on the hot grill.
- Meanwhile, whisk the remaining 2 tablespoons of oil, balsamic vinegar, garlic, parsley, basil, and rosemary in a small bowl to blend. Add salt and pepper to taste. Drizzle the herb mixture over the vegetables, garnish with lemon. Serve the vegetables, warm or at room temperature.