https://i1.wp.com/www.evoamerica.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/Evo-Recipe-Rum-Soaked-Grilled-Pineapple.jpg?fit=300%2C300&ssl=1 300 300 firstname.lastname@example.org https://www.evoamerica.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/04/Evo-square-logo-png-80x80.png email@example.com 22:05:292015-09-11 22:05:29Rum-Soaked Grilled Pineapple
Rum-Soaked Grilled Pineapple
This pineapple foster doesn’t require any flames!
- 1/2 cup dark rum
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon (plus extra for dusting)
- 1 pineapple, cored and cut into about 6-8 rings (choose desired thickness)
- favorite vanilla ice cream
- In a small bowl, mix together rum, brown sugar, and cinnamon. Then in a baking dish, lay out the pineapple rings and pour the rum mixture over them. Toss to coat, then let soak for at least 15 minutes, flipping the pineapple midway through.
- When you are ready to cook the pineapple, strain out the extra rum sauce from the pan of pineapple, and transfer it to a small saucepan. Bring the sauce to a simmer over medium-high heat, then reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for about 6-8 minutes, or until reduced by half. Set aside.
- Heat the Evo to medium heat. Place pineapple slices on the Evo cooktop and cook for 1-2 minutes per side until browned.
- Top each pineapple ring with a scoop of ice cream and drizzle with rum sauce. (If desired, you can also lightly dust the pineapple with some extra cinnamon.) Serve immediately.