https://i0.wp.com/www.evoamerica.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/Evo-Grilled-Cheese.jpg?fit=300%2C300&ssl=1 300 300 email@example.com https://www.evoamerica.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/04/Evo-square-logo-png-80x80.png firstname.lastname@example.org 01:33:492015-05-14 01:33:49Grilled Cheese with Tomato Soup
Grilled Cheese with Tomato Soup
Serves: 5 Servings
A classic lunch favorite and a hit with kids.
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 onion
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 large cans crushed tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 10 slices bread
- 5 slices cheese
- Heat the Evo grill to Medium-Low.
- Lightly butter the cook surface. Place slices of bread onto the buttered surface and top with sliced cheese and second slice of bread. Slowly cook the grilled cheese sandwiches on both sides until the cheese melts and the bread becomes golden brown.
- Making the soup: Melt 2 tablespoons of butter in a pot placed onto the cook surface. Add the diced onion and minced garlic and cook for seven to ten minutes. Add the flour and cook for two minutes. Add the tomatoes, the tomato paste, sugar, and vegetable broth, and heat to a boil. Simmer for twenty minutes and then puree the soup in a blender until smooth. Return the soup to the pot and finish with fresh basil and salt and pepper to taste. Keep the soup warm on the grill while making the grilled cheese sandwiches.