https://i1.wp.com/www.evoamerica.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/Grilled-Caprese-Sandwich.jpg?fit=300%2C300&ssl=1 300 300 firstname.lastname@example.org https://www.evoamerica.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/04/Evo-square-logo-png-80x80.png email@example.com 01:30:532015-05-29 01:31:35Grilled Caprese Sandwich
Grilled Caprese Sandwich
Serves: Serves 4
- 8 slices rustic sourdough or Italian country bread
- 2 large garlic cloves, halved
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 8 slices mozzarella cheese
- 2 ripe heirloom tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced roasted red peppers
- 16 large basil leaves
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- Rub a side of each slice of bread with a cut side of garlic and brush with oil. Layer the plain side of half the bread with cheese, tomatoes, and peppers, dividing evenly. Top with remaining bread, garlic side up.
- Heat Evo grill to medium. Grill until golden brown on both sides and cheese is melted, 6 minutes.
- Tuck 4 slices basil into each sandwich. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.