https://i0.wp.com/www.evoamerica.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/Evo-Grilled-Flatbread.jpg?fit=300%2C300&ssl=1 300 300 firstname.lastname@example.org https://www.evoamerica.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/04/Evo-square-logo-png-80x80.png email@example.com 00:48:492022-03-14 20:01:47Naan Flatbread
Serves: 12 Flatbreads
- 1 cup flour, “all purpose”
- 1 pkg. active dry yeast
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 cup milk, warmed
- 2/3 cup yogurt
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp. canola oil
- 1 tbsp. honey
- 2-1/2 cups flour, “all purpose”, for kneading and rolling
- Combine one-cup flour and the yeast in a mixing bowl. Add the warm milk, yogurt, egg, oil and honey. Mix until smooth. Continue to add the remaining flour, a little bit at a time, until the dough can be kneaded on a floured surface. Knead the dough for five minutes and then place into an oiled bowl. Turn the dough to cover it with oil and then place a towel over the bowl and let the dough rise for 40 minutes.
- Remove the dough from the bowl and cut into twelve equal portions. Shape each portion into a ball and then let the balls rest for five minutes before rolling them out to form the flatbreads. Roll the dough out on a floured work surface to about an eight-inch circle.
- Adjust the Evo burners to medium and allow the cook surface to get hot.
- Place the dough on the hot surface and cook until the dough bubbles lightly and the underside becomes lightly browned. Flip to brown the other side and then remove from the grill.
- Brush the dough with melted butter and sprinkle with sesame seeds or poppy seeds and serve warm.