https://i0.wp.com/www.evoamerica.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/Evo-Monti-Cristo.jpg?fit=300%2C300&ssl=1 300 300 email@example.com https://www.evoamerica.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/04/Evo-square-logo-png-80x80.png firstname.lastname@example.org 00:31:242022-03-14 20:44:41Monte Cristo Sandwich
Monte Cristo Sandwich
This sandwich is the essence of sweet versus savory.
- 4 slices egg bread, Hawaiian bread or challah – thick sliced
- 3-4 slices sharp cheddar cheese
- 3-4 slices Swiss cheese
- 3-4 oz. ham, sliced
- 3-4 oz. turkey, sliced
- 2 each eggs
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2-3 tbsp. butter
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tbsp. each raspberry or strawberry jam
- Beat the eggs and cream together and set aside.
- Assemble the sandwiches in the following basic order: bread, cheese, meat, cheese, meat, cheese, bread.
- Heat the Evo to medium-low heat.
- Submerge the assembled sandwiches into the egg & cream mixture.
- Allow the sandwich to soak up some liquid, but do not allow it to get too soggy. Drain the excess liquid from the sandwich and place it on a buttered portion of the cook surface.
- During grilling the sandwich, make sure the cook surface does get too hot, as you want the ingredients inside the sandwich to warm and the cheese to melt without the outside burning.
- Grill sandwich until it is crispy and golden brown on both sides.
- Sprinkle with some powdered sugar and serve with raspberry or strawberry jam.