Seasoning is cooking oil heated onto the Evo cooktop, not a chemical non-stick coating. Seasoning creates the natural, easy-release properties. The more you cook, the better it gets. Here are some tips on how to create, maintain, and even repair the cooktop seasoning.
- Create: The Evo cooktop is pre-seasoned before shipping and ready for use.
- Maintain: Clean the cooktop after every use and maintain the seasoning by applying a very thin layer of oil after each cleaning.
- Repair: If the cooksurface is not cleaned after every use, carbon will build-up. Use the scraper to remove carbon build-up.
Unless you are prepared to re-season your cook surface, you should avoid cleaning the flattop with soap and water (as it will wash away the oil seasoning). A few cleaning rules:
- DO NOT POWER WASH the cook surface – not only will this strip the seasoning away, but water will inevitably find its way into any electrical/electronic parts and ruin them.
- DO NOT USE CLEANING BRICK on the cook surface – besides being too aggressive a cleaner and unnecessary, it will eventually smooth out the surface removing the texture that holds the seasoning oil.