https://i0.wp.com/www.evoamerica.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/08/Evo-Recipe-Caprese-Diem-Kabobs.jpg?fit=300%2C300&ssl=1 300 300 firstname.lastname@example.org https://www.evoamerica.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/04/Evo-square-logo-png-80x80.png email@example.com 22:58:492018-05-18 16:17:23Caprese Diem Kabobs
Caprese salad served warm on a skewer!
- Large Bowl of small tomatoes, cherry, grape, heirlooms are great here for color and flavor variety- about one pound in total
- Container of Whole Milk Salted Small Mozzeralla Balls- Bocconcini
- Small package of Pepperoni thinly sliced- about 1/4 lb
- Large bunch of Basil and Parsley about 1 cup each
- 1/2 Cup olive oil
- 1 fresh clove garlic
- Bamboo skewers to serve
- First make herb oil to drizzle over finished kabobs by combining oil, herbs, garlic and salt and pepper to taste in a blender or food processor. Add additional oil if needed to form a semi-smooth paste ( I like a little texture left in the mix because it helps cling better to the kabobs with dripping off). You will have about a cup which will be more than needed for our kabobs. However, it is great on grilled meats and vegetables as well as making a great salad dressing base.
- Skewer a tomato, a mozzarella ball, and a slice of pepperoni doubled over onto skewers. If you have some vegetarians in your group, simply substitute meat for another vegetable like roasted peppers or a pitted olive. Place on platter and cover and keep cool until ready to grill ( I try not to refrigerate for too long as it changes the tomatoes texture).
- Warm evo grill to medium low. Place around the outside of grill so guests can help themselves as they are ready in moments.
- Warm 1-2 minutes total until cheese is goey but not melted off the skewer. If some guests over heat simply use spatula to remove from evo. Be sure and rotate the skewer to wrap the melted cheese around tomato and pepperoni.It will still be delicious!
Serve warm kabobs with a bowl of the herb oil to drizzle on top.