http://www.evoamerica.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/Evo-Goat-Cheese-Salad.jpg 300 300 firstname.lastname@example.org http://www.evoamerica.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/04/Evo-square-logo-png-80x80.png email@example.com 17:28:272015-05-15 17:28:27Warm Hazelnut Crusted Goat Cheese with Mixed Baby Green Salad
Warm Hazelnut Crusted Goat Cheese with Mixed Baby Green Salad
Serves: 4 Servings
Enjoy this salad as a light lunch or as a starter for a delicious dinner.
- 6 oz. log goat cheese
- 1/2 cup hazelnuts, toasted and ground fine
- 12 oz. mixed baby greens or arugula
- 1 each red pepper, roasted & peeled
- 1/2 each red onion, grilled
- 1 each heirloom tomato, sliced
- 2-3 pieces pita or naan bread[br]Vinaigrette
- 2 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 3 tbsp. sherry vinegar
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 tsp. shallots, minced
- 1/4 tsp. dijon mustard
- 1/4 tsp. sugar
- pinch anchovie paste
- to taste salt & pepper
- Divide the goat cheese log into 8 individual patties. Coat the patties completely with the hazelnuts and place into the refrigerator to hold. Next, char the outside of the red pepper over a gas burner or place on a heated Evo cook surface and cover with a “steamer lid”. Rotate the pepper until all sides are charred. Place in a plastic zip-loc bag for 10 minutes and then wash the pepper to remove the skin and seeds. Grill the red onion and finish with a splash of balsamic vinegar, and allow to caramelize. Set aside pepper and onion for assembling the salad.
- Vinaigrette: Combine all ingredients in a bowl except the oil and whisk together, while spontaneously drizzling in the oil very slowly to create a light emulsion. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Assemble the plates just prior to cooking the goat cheese patties. Place the greens in a bowl and toss with small amount of vinaigrette. Place the sliced tomato on one side of the plate, surrounded by small amounts of the peppers and onions.
- Set the outside burner of the Evo to medium-high, once HOT, melt a small amount of butter or you can use clarified butter, and place the goat cheese patties on the butter. While the goat cheese is heating, place the pita or naan bread on the cook surface to warm. Continue to toast the outside of the patties until golden brown and then plate immediately on an assembled plate. Place 2 goat cheese patties on the tomato, and cut the pita or naan into small wedges and place at the top of the plate.
Crostini can be toasted on the Evo as a crunchy substitute for the pita or naan breads.