http://www.evoamerica.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/Evo-Seared-Lamb-Pita.jpg 300 300 firstname.lastname@example.org http://www.evoamerica.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/04/Evo-square-logo-png-80x80.png email@example.com 23:04:392015-05-13 23:09:14Seared Lamb in Pita with Tahini Sauce
Seared Lamb in Pita with Tahini Sauce
Serves: 4 Servings
This Mediterranean influenced dish is a beautiful blend of the earthy lamb and the nutty tahini sauce.
- 1/2 cup cucumber, diced
- 1/2 cup tomatoes, diced
- 1/2 cup mixed wild green
- 4 each pita bread
- 3 tbsp. olive oil
- 1/4 cup sweet onion, minced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 12 oz. lamb boneless leg meat, thinly sliced
- 1 each lemon, juiced
- 1/2 tsp. dried, oregano
- 1/2 tsp. cumin[br]Tahina Sauce:
- 1 cup tahini
- 1 cup yogurt, plain
- 1/2 tsp. cumin, ground
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 each lemon, juiced
- to taste salt and pepper
- Tahini Sauce: Combine all ingredients together in a blender and puree. Taste and season with salt and pepper.
- Lamb Preparation: Dice the tomato and cucumber and set aside. Slice the lamb and marinate in one-tablespoon olive oil, cumin, lemon juice, minced garlic, minced onion and dried oregano.
- Heat the Evo to medium and lightly oil with the one tablespoon of olive oil.
- Sear the lamb slices on the hot surface and season with salt and pepper.
- Warm up the pita breads on the cook surface for a minute.
- Remove the warm pitas and then fill them with the greens, cucumber, tomato and lamb strips.
- Top with tahini sauce and serve.