https://i2.wp.com/www.evoamerica.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/Evo-Corn-Cakes.jpg?fit=300%2C300 300 300 email@example.com http://22.214.171.124/~evoameri/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/Evo-square-logo-png.png firstname.lastname@example.org 00:37:172015-05-14 00:38:10Roasted Vegetable Corn Cakes with Chipotle Cream
Roasted Vegetable Corn Cakes with Chipotle Cream
Author: Chef Adam Zwerling
This Latin comfort food is quick and easy to make and will be a hit at any party or shall we say... fiesta!
- 6 ounces Masa, instant
- 6 ounces pepper jack cheese, shredded
- 6 ounces corn, roasted, small dice
- 6 ounces red peppers, roasted, small dice
- 5 ounces green peppers, roasted, small dice
- 3 ounces onion, sauted, small dice
- Sweet Corn & Peppers
- 7 ounces mayonnaise
- 3 large eggs, beaten well
- 5 ounces milk
- 3 ounces vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- 2 each avocados, sliced into 20 pieces
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 each lime, juiced
- 2 each chipotle peppers in adobo, deseeded and minced
- Corn Cakes: In a large bowl combine the roasted vegetables, pepper jack cheese, masa, mayonnaise, eggs and milk.
- Chipotle Sauce: Mince the deseeded chipotle peppers and combine with the sour cream and lime juice. Season with salt to taste.
- Heat the Evo to medium-low heat (approx. 350 degrees).
- Using a 2 ounce ice cream scoop, drop batter onto grill and allow the cakes to cook almost ¾ of the way. You may want to drizzle a little oil onto the surface in between the cakes to prevent sticking.
- Once a crisp golden crust has formed on the cooked side, flip the cake over and lightly flatten cake. Cook until both sides are golden brown.
- Using a squirt bottle, garnish the cakes with a small amount of the chipotle cream. Plate the cakes and garnish with some chopped cilantro and a slice of avocado.