https://i1.wp.com/www.evoamerica.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/Evo-Roasted-Chestnuts.jpg?fit=300%2C300 300 300 firstname.lastname@example.org http://www.evoamerica.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/04/Evo-square-logo-png-80x80.png email@example.com 00:55:302015-05-15 00:55:30Roasted Chestnuts – Evo Style
Roasted Chestnuts – Evo Style
A great holiday tradition!
- Make an “X” cut or pierce with a fork the flat, soft side of the chestnut. Make sure the shell is completely pierced to allow steam to escape, as the nuts may explode.
- Place the chestnuts either directly on the Evo cook surface or in a heavy steel or cast iron pan. (I find it easier to work with the nuts inside a pan for small batches or directly on the grill for large batches and party service.) Cover the cook surface or the pan and allow the nuts to roast for about 10 minutes at 375-400 degrees F, check intermittently so that the nuts don’t burn.
- Shake the pan or toss the nuts on the cook surface. Squirt a small amount of water into the pan or directly on the cook surface and re-cover. This steaming process will help with the removal of the shells. Roast for an additional 10 minutes, until tender and the shells come off easily.
- Remove the pan and or the nuts from the cook surface and place the nuts in a cloth bag or towel and allow them to rest for about 5 minutes. Vigorously rub the towel or cloth bag to start the shells to come off the nuts.
- Carefully begin removing the shells and the inner skin from the nuts and re-heat if some shells are hard to remove.
- Share and Enjoy!