http://www.evoamerica.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/Jerk.jpg 300 300 email@example.com http://www.evoamerica.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/04/Evo-square-logo-png-80x80.png firstname.lastname@example.org 02:18:462015-05-25 02:18:46Jerk Pineapple Pork Chops
Jerk Pineapple Pork Chops
Serves: 4 Servings
Bring some island flavor to your standard pork chops.
- 2/3 of a whole (4-pound) pineapple, peeled
- 1 bunch scallions, sliced crosswise into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 small habanero or 1 large jalapeno chile, stemmed and seeded
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 4 garlic cloves, smashed and peeled
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground allspice
- 4 bone-in pork chops (3/4 inch thick and about 6 ounces each)
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Cut four 1/2-inch-thick rounds from pineapple; set aside. Cut remaining pineapple into large chunks, discarding core. In a food processor, combine pineapple chunks, scallions, chile, thyme, garlic, and allspice, and pulse until coarsely chopped. Reserve 3/4 cup pineapple marinade and refrigerate.
- Season pork with salt and pepper and place in a 9-by-13-inch glass baking dish along with pineapple rounds. Top pork and pineapple with remaining pineapple marinade and turn pork and pineapple to coat. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate 1 hour (or up to 4 hours).
- Heat Evo Grill to medium-high. Brush grill with oil.
- Brush marinade off chops. Grill chops until browned and cooked through, about 10 minutes, flipping once. (Reduce heat if pork begins to overbrown.)
- Brush pineapple marinade off pineapple and cook rounds until golden brown in spots, 5 to 7 minutes, flipping once.
- Serve reserved pineapple marinade.