Commercial Limited Warranty for the 35 EVent® and 48 EVent® Units
Evo, Incorporated warrants to the original commercial foodservice purchaser that the Evo Cooking Station shall be free from defects in materials and workmanship under normal and reasonable use for One (1) year from the original installation date. This warranty is for the original use purchaser and is non-transferable. Evo promises to replace, at its determination, any product or component that is defective during this initial one year period. This document covers the warranty information for both the Evo EVent® 35E Cooking Station and the Evo EVent® 48E Cooking Station. You will find in this warranty document the following details:
• what the warranty covers;
• critical need to maintain filters;
• what the period of coverage is;
• what you will do to correct problems;
• how you, as the customer, can get warranty service.
As you begin cooking operations with the 35 EVent® and 48 EVent® Cooking Stations, it is critical to learn how to maintain the cooking station, with a particular emphasis on monitoring and cleaning the filter stations in the unit.
We stand behind our Evo Ductless Downdraft Ventilation Cooking Equipment, but you, as the customer will need to clean the four (4) filter stations in each unit on a monthly basis.
A. The Evo, Incorporated Warranty Covers The Entire Cooking Station
The company will supervise the correct installation of the EVent Cooking Station(s) in your service area. The company has a contract with National Service Cooperative, “NSC”. This firm has national coverage with installation and service representatives across the United States.
• If you are experiencing a cooking problem, we ask you to call the company directly (503) 626-1802;
• In most instances, the problem with the EVent Cooking Station should be resolved with removing and proper cleaning of the four filters;
• The charcoal filter is a disposable filter and needs to be inspected every two to three weeks, completely replaced once a month; and
• The crumb tray, doors and filters (DRY, NOT WET FROM DISHWASHER) must be returned to the proper location in the unit.
B. The Evo, Incorporated Warranty does not include Damage to the Cooking Station due to filter neglect or abuse.
Each Event® Cooking Station purchased includes four (4) filters that must be monitored, checked on a monthly basis and cleaned properly:
1. The washable stainless steel filter.
2. The washable aluminum pre-filter.
3. The washable Electrostatic precipitator filter cartridge (ESP).
4. The final, disposable, filter is a charcoal activated post filter.
The first three (3) filters must be removed and washed at least once a month; however, weekly visual monitoring is strongly recommended. The last filter, the disposable charcoal filter should be visually checked each week. After 3 to 4 weeks of operation, the disposable charcoal filter must be removed and a fresh, new filter installed in the unit. Proper filter maintenance and cleaning will ensure successful cooking operations. Ignoring and abusing the Evo EVent® Cooking Station filter maintenance MAY RESULT IN WARRANTY COVERAGE TERMINATION.
C. The discharge of the fire suppression system is likely to damage the EVent® unit. The Warranty is no longer valid after the fire suppression system is discharged.
It is critical to call Evo, Incorporated (503) 626-1802 to report the fire suppression system was used on the EVent unit.
D. The Warranty period for the entire EVent unit covers the first year of operation.
The warranty starts the day the EVent Cooking Station has been installed and continues for 365 days (1 year).
The warranty is not assignable and applies only in favor of the original purchaser / owner to whom the EVent® unit was delivered. Any such transfer shall void the warranties herein made.
E. What is not covered by this warranty
Cleaning the filters on a regular basis is required to maintain the warranty, damage resulting from the failure to perform normal maintenance as outlined in the owner’s manual will result in warranty termination.
Voltage conditions, blown fuses, open circuit breakers or any other damage due to the inadequacy or interruption of electrical services will result in warranty termination.
Damages as a result of floods, winds, fires, lightning, accidents, corrosive environment, improper installation or installation not in accordance with local electrical codes will result in warranty termination.
Cosmetic damage, including scratches, dents, chips or other damage to the finish of the table, cook surface, stainless steel are not covered in the warranty.
The EVent® table with original model / serial numbers that have been removed, altered or cannot be easily determined may result in warranty termination.
F. If you are calling with a service problem, please be prepared to relay the following information:
1. How and when the Cooking Station stopped operating.
2. Whether or not the filters were recently cleaned and inserted into the Cooking Station.
3. The Evo EVent Cooking Station Serial Number.