https://i0.wp.com/www.evoamerica.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/Evo-Pizza.jpg?fit=300%2C300 300 300 firstname.lastname@example.org http://220.127.116.11/~evoameri/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/Evo-square-logo-png.png email@example.com 01:37:562015-05-14 01:37:56Grilled Pizza On The Evo
Grilled Pizza On The Evo
Author: Chef Adam Zwerling
A definite party pleaser. Triple the dough recipe and invite your friends to make their own.
- 2 cups shredded cheese (Italian mix)
- ½ cup chopped onions
- ½ cup bell peppers (chopped or sliced)
- ½ cup sliced mushrooms
- ½ cup sliced sausage
- ¾ cup water
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 envelope active dry yeast
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup canned crushed tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons canned tomato paste
- 1 cup canned tomato sauce
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- ½ tablespoon dried oregano
- ½ tablespoon dried basil
- ½ tablespoon sugar
- Making the Pizza Dough: Heat the water to about 110 degrees Fahrenheit. Whisk together the water, sugar, and yeast in a large bowl. Allow the mixture to sit a few minutes for the yeast to activate. Mix in the flour, oil, and salt and knead the dough for five minutes. Form dough into a ball and place into an oiled bowl. Cover the bowl with plastic and place it in a warm location until the dough doubles in size. This will take about 45 minutes. Roll the pizza dough out on a floured cutting board. Make sure it can be easily slid off the board and onto the hot grill.
- Making the Sauce: Heat oil in a sauce pot and add minced garlic. Immediately after adding the garlic, add all the remaining ingredients and allow the mixture to come to a simmer. Continue to simmer for fifteen minutes to allow the flavors to come together.
- Heat the Evo grill to Medium. Sauté the onions, peppers, mushrooms, sausages, and other desired toppings on the cook surface and keep the sauce warm. Dust an area on the cook surface with corn meal and slide the rolled pizza dough onto the hot cook surface. Adjust the temperature to Low and brown the dough lightly on both sides. Top the seared dough with the hot sauce, cheese, and sautéed toppings. Use the Evo hood to create an oven and cover the pizza allowing the cheese to melt for three minutes.