https://i1.wp.com/www.evoamerica.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/Grilled-Caprese-Sandwich.jpg?fit=300%2C300 300 300 email@example.com http://184.108.40.206/~evoameri/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/Evo-square-logo-png.png firstname.lastname@example.org 01:30:532015-05-29 01:31:35Grilled Caprese Sandwich
Grilled Caprese Sandwich
Author: Chef Adam Zwerling
- 8 slices rustic sourdough or Italian country bread
- 2 large garlic cloves, halved
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 8 slices mozzarella cheese
- 2 ripe heirloom tomatoes, thinly sliced
- ½ cup thinly sliced roasted red peppers
- 16 large basil leaves
- ½ tsp. kosher salt
- ½ tsp. pepper
- Rub a side of each slice of bread with a cut side of garlic and brush with oil. Layer the plain side of half the bread with cheese, tomatoes, and peppers, dividing evenly. Top with remaining bread, garlic side up.
- Heat Evo grill to medium. Grill until golden brown on both sides and cheese is melted, 6 minutes.
- Tuck 4 slices basil into each sandwich. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.