http://www.evoamerica.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/Evo-grilled-ceaser.jpg 300 300 email@example.com http://www.evoamerica.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/04/Evo-square-logo-png-80x80.png firstname.lastname@example.org 00:24:322015-05-15 00:25:24Grilled Caesar Salad
Grilled Caesar Salad
Serves: 4 to 6 Servings
Grilling the romaine lettuce creates a complex flavor profile for a simply classic dish.
- 2 heads romaine lettuce
- 2 each heirloom tomatoes
- 4-6 ounces parmesean or asiago cheese
- 1/2 each baguette loaf, sliced on the bias[br]Caesar Dressing
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 -2 lemons
- 3-4 filets anchovies
- 4-6 cloves fresh garlic
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1-2 cups canola oil
- 2-3 Tbsp red wine vinegar[br]Options
- 1 piece 6-8oz. chicken breast
- 1 piece 6-8oz. salmon filet
- 1 piece 6-8oz. ribeye filet
- Prepare the romaine lettuce by cutting in half and drizzle with oil, and season with salt and pepper.
- To make the crostini, toast the baguette slices in a touch of oil directly on the cooksurface until golden, set aside.
- Shave 3/4 of the preferred cheese and crumble the rest for use in the dressing.
- Prepare dressing in a food processor of blender. Place the yolks in the chosen appliance and add a few drops of water. Turn on appliance and slowly drizzle in the oil until the mixture becomes thick, like mayonnaise. Add remaining ingredients and pulse to incorporate. Taste for the addition of lemon, salt and pepper.
- On medium heat, grill the romaine for approximately 1-2 minutes. Transfer to plate and garnish with tomatoes, crostini and shaved cheese. Drizzle the sauce over the assembled salad and enjoy!
For a more substantial meal grill some chicken, salmon or ribeye steak to top off this delicious classic Caesar salad.