https://i0.wp.com/www.evoamerica.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/Evo-Falafel-in-Pita.jpg?fit=300%2C300 300 300 email@example.com http://220.127.116.11/~evoameri/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/Evo-square-logo-png.png firstname.lastname@example.org 17:44:352015-05-15 17:44:35Falafel in Pita
Falafel in Pita
Author: Chef Adam Zwerling
Enjoy falafels accompanied with a salad for a fun, healthy meal.
- 12 oz. falafel mix
- 2 diced tomatoes
- 1½ cups shredded lettuce
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 cup water
- ½ chopped red pepper
- ½ diced cucumber
- 3 pieces pita
- 2 cups yogurt - drained One Hour
- 1 cup cucumber - seeded & sliced
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons Red Onion - Minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 pinch paprika
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin oil
- 1 cup Tahini
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- 1 pinch cayenne
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- 2 cloves chopped garlic
- ½ fresh lemon juice
- Making the Tzatziki Sauce: Drain the yogurt for an hour in a strainer lined with cheese cloth. Combine strained yogurt with the rest of the Tzatziki Sauce ingredients. Mix ingredients together in a bowl.
- Making the Tahini Sauce: Combine all the Tahini Sauce ingredients in a bowl. Mix and set aside.
- Preparing the Falafels: Whisk water with the falafel mix until it becomes a thick batter consistency. Allow the falafel mix to sit for a half hour in the refrigerator and then add additional water to achieve the same thick batter consistency.
- Heat the Evo grill to Medium and lightly oil the cook surface with olive oil. Spoon four-ounce portions of falafel mix onto the hot grill and brown on both sides. Place pitas on the grill to warm. Cut the cooked falafel into pieces and roll into a warm pita with diced tomatoes, cucumbers, red onion, lettuce, Tahini Sauce, and Tzatziki Sauce. Enjoy!