https://i2.wp.com/www.evoamerica.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/crab-cakes.jpg?fit=300%2C300 300 300 firstname.lastname@example.org http://220.127.116.11/~evoameri/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/Evo-square-logo-png.png email@example.com 17:13:412015-05-24 22:48:41Crab Cakes
Author: Chef Adam Zwerling
Perfect appetizer for a holiday and large gatherings.
- 3 pounds lump crab meat
- 1 cup carrots, finely diced
- 1 cup celery, finely diced
- 1 cup onion, finely diced
- 1 cup red pepper, finely diced
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 egg, whipped till fluffy
- ¼ cup mayonnaise, sour cream or yogurt
- 2 tablespoons coarsely chopped tarragon
- 1 tablespoon coarsely chopped parsley
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- ½ tablespoon Tabasco
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 to 1½ cups bread crumbs
- to taste salt & pepper
- Sauté the carrots, celery, onion and red pepper until they begin to caramelize.
- Remove from heat and blend in paprika and allow to cool and bloom into mire poix.
- Meanwhile, whip eggs until fluffy and fold in mayonnaise or other preferred alternative, Tabasco, lime juice and Worcestershire, and combine with crab.
- Add sautéed mire poix fresh herbs, salt and pepper and ⅔ of the bread crumbs.
- Mix thoroughly and check moisture and consistency to make cakes. Add more bread crumbs as needed.
- Form 2oz. cakes and coat with bread crumbs as being formed.
- Cook one or two on the Evo Grill to check flavor and adjust as necessary.
Serve with a variety of aioli, such as saffron, basil and citrus.