https://i1.wp.com/www.evoamerica.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/Evo-Steak-with-Compound-Butter.jpg?fit=300%2C300 300 300 email@example.com http://220.127.116.11/~evoameri/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/Evo-square-logo-png.png firstname.lastname@example.org 23:00:092015-05-13 23:13:42Ale Marinated Steak with Horseradish Compound Butter
Ale Marinated Steak with Horseradish Compound Butter
Author: Chef Adam Zwerling
Take a nip off the cold weather with this simple, hearty preparation.
- 3 tbsp. Horseradish - grated fine
- 1 tbsp. white wine vinegar
- ½ tsp. cracked black pepper
- ½ tsp. kosher or sea salt
- ½ cup Butter – room temperature
- 1 cup "hoppy" Ale
- ½ cup beef stock
- ½ cup tomato juice
- 1 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp. hot sauce, Tabasco or your favorite
- 1 tsp. garlic, chopped
- 1 tsp. shallots, chopped
- 1 tsp. fresh thyme, chopped
- 1 tsp. fresh rosemary, chopped
- ½ cup olive oil or canola
- 4-6 / 8 oz. Top Sirloin Steaks
- Prepare marinade by whisking together all ingredients. Place the sirloin steaks in to the marinade and allow to soak for a minimum of 2-3 hours.
- Horseradish Compound Butter: Grate the horseradish and place it into a small bowl with the white wine vinegar. Allow the horseradish and vinegar to sit for five minutes before putting it into a food processor along with the butter, salt and pepper. Combine all the ingredients in a food processor and use the blade attachment to blend everything together. Remove the butter from the food processor and place it onto a sheet of plastic wrap. Roll the plastic wrap around the butter and form a one-inch diameter butter log. Place the butter log into the refrigerator and allow the butter to set. Later, remove the butter from the plastic wrap and cut disks from one end of the log.
- Turn Evo on with center burner on medium high and the outer burner on low.
- Remove the steaks from the marinade and pat dry with a paper towel. Season with a little salt and pepper.
- Once the grill is HOT, place a small amount of cooking oil onto the surface and sear the steaks in the center of the cook surface making sure not to crowd the steaks. Once the steak is seared and nicely caramelized, turn the steak and repeat. Pull the steak towards the outer perimeter of the cook surface to finish the steaks to the guest's preferred doneness.
- Place a horseradish butter disc on top and allow to melt just prior to serving.