https://i0.wp.com/www.evoamerica.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/Evo-Homemade-Tortillas.jpg?fit=300%2C300 300 300 firstname.lastname@example.org http://www.evoamerica.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/04/Evo-square-logo-png-80x80.png email@example.com 00:13:392015-05-14 00:16:57Homemade Flour Tortillas
Homemade Flour Tortillas
Serves: 6 Tortillas
Fresh tortillas on the Evo are easy and delicious!
- 2 cups flour, “all purpose”
- 1-1/2 tsp. salt
- 3 tbsp. lard
- 1/2 cup water, warm
- Place the flour, lard and salt into a food processor.
- Using the blade attachment, pulse the flour and lard until it has the consistency of cornmeal.
- Slowly add the water, pulsing after each addition.
- Remove the dough from the food processor and portion into six individual balls.
- Cover the dough balls with a damp cloth and allow them to rest for fifteen minutes.
- On a floured surface roll each ball of dough into a ten-inch circle.
- Heat the Evo to medium temperature and lightly oil the cook-surface with canola oil.
- Lightly brown both sides of each tortilla, about two minutes per side.
- Cover the finished tortillas with a lightly moistened towel and keep them warm until you serve them.