https://i0.wp.com/www.evoamerica.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/Bananas-Foster.jpg?fit=300%2C300 300 300 email@example.com http://www.evoamerica.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/04/Evo-square-logo-png-80x80.png firstname.lastname@example.org 00:38:142015-05-15 00:45:30Bananas Foster Flambe
Bananas Foster Flambe
Serves: Serves 4 to 6
While cooking the bananas, grill pineapple or peaches directly on the Evo cook surface for added flavor and excitement.
- 3-4 bananas
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoon lemon or orange juice
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup Cointreau or orange liquor
- 1/2 – 3/4 cup rum (Myers Reserve, Strohs)
- as desiredvanilla ice cream
- Turn on inner burner of Evo on HIGH and outer burner on Med.-Low. Place a sauté pan on grill and allow to heat up.
- Slice bananas somewhat thick, approximately ½ inch. Set aside. Cube butter, and add about a teaspoon to the pan. Add bananas and allow to heat up and begin to caramelize. Add sugar, citrus juice and vanilla. Again, allow the heat to recover. Once pan becomes very hot add orange liquor and a little of the rum. Ignite the contents with a match or lighter wand (be sure to have quests stand back from the grill). BE VERY CAREFUL WITH IGNITING ALCOHOL, USE A SMALL AMOUNT AT A TIME UNTIL YOU KNOW HOW IT REACTS.
- Keep contents moving and the flame “alive”. At this point you may either, slowly add the rest of the rum and allow it to burn off, or you can drizzle some in the pan and some on the cook surface this will create a dramatic pyrotechnic display. Once most of the alcohol has burned off, add the remaining butter and combine with contents in pan.
- Meanwhile, scoop some ice cream into bowls and spoon bananas and sauce over ice cream.